Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let go and give it to God

What is surrender? How do we let God control us completely as we die to self?

Romans 12:1
"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship."

As we approach Good Friday and Easter this week, I think about all the great things that Springtime brings - flowers and ladybugs, warm weather and sunshine. :)

I think about all that God has given to me and how undeserving I am of Jesus and His loving sacrifice for me. I have nothing to offer to God...and yet, He wants me, loves me, promises to never leave or forsake me.

Unfortunately, I won't be spending Easter at home again this year...even though Easter to me has always been about homecoming, about family, being around and celebrating with loved ones. It brings back fond memories of baptisms (mine and those of close friends') - great joy, because Christ has risen indeed! Praise God!

And yet, let's not forget the suffering and learning to identify with His death and great sacrifice. Paul says it best:

"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the death." - Phil. 3:8-11

I'll be honest here, I'm going through a really rough patch right now. Things don't feel like they're getting better. It's hard to choose to do the right thing. But God has asked me to trust Him, to let Him work...

I seek obedience through trial, a faithful witness despite circumstances...to continue to love as Christ did, even as He was scorned and nailed to the cross.

We don't know God's exact plan, His perfect ways, but we're called to lay down our rights, our life, as a sacrifice that is pleasing to God.

My life is not about me, and seeking personal satisfaction and pleasure. God promises prosperity and blessing as I meditate on His word and bear good fruit in His name (Psalm 1). My life is about glorifying God in all that I am - that is my PURPOSE.

My God is worthy of my trust, and I can surrender to Him, believing that He wants to bless me and give me His best. And I don't have to worry, because I have a great high priest, and He's showing me how to endure and persevere, carrying me through when I don't have the strength, pulling me closer still...because his grace is sufficient.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment