Saturday, April 4, 2009

Is black IN?

So I've been thinking, and my close new favorite color is becoming black. Black is classic, sophisticated, chic, flattering, never goes out of style, versatile because it matches everything, and can be sexy (all those exclusive and fancy credit cards).

But black is black because it emits no light. Wikipedia states it this way: "the visual impression experienced when no visible light reaches the eye."

And so I thought about how this applies to us, in a spiritual sense...and this was my conclusion - we're naturally attracted to, desirous of...blackness...because that is my default state, that is the color of my heart.

What a sobering thought! I'm naturally WRETCHED, with an inborn determination to run my own life, in outright disobedience to God. :(

I naturally run away from the light, because it reveals my dark thoughts, my sinful tendencies, when I would prefer to hide and choose the selfish things, to satisfy me first, and wish suffering on those who cause me pain...but THANK GOD that's not where I have to stay!

Ephesians 5:8-14 - "for at one time you were in darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light for the fruit of light is found in all that is good and right and true, and try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord. Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of the things that they do in secret. But when anything is exposed by the light, it becomes visible, for anything that becomes visible is light."

And trust me, we all know that shady things go on at NIGHT, in the DARK...for a reason, because being exposed and in public gets you CAUGHT. But on the flipside, if you're doing the RIGHT thing, there's no reason to hide...because what is true and good and right can withstand scrutiny and criticism and pressure.

I'll like to share with you something about what God's teaching me now.

Satan is EXTREMELY cunning and deceptive. He's lived longer and knows how to tell the lies and set the bait perfectly for you and your weaknesses. BEWARE! (Gen. 3:7)

Something that may appear innocent, harmless, pleasurable, decent, "good", can TOTALLY be bad, wrong, and completely AGAINST God's will for your life. So you HAVE to be on your guard, filter everything through Biblical TRUTH, expose the LIGHT to this, and surround yourself with people who are wise, who know and are willing to do what is RIGHT.

Black is nice. Black is pretty. Black looks really good on me. Black makes other people like and accept me. Black must be perfect because I'm "happy"...

BUT
black is BAD when black is sin and causes you to fall away from JESUS - the only one that loved you enough to die for you so that you would be free from sin and stains, so that you could be spotless, blameless, and exceedingly beautiful in WHITE. :)

I pray that we'll continue to protect the sheep from the wolves, to spot and help weed out the black so that we can serve God and live fruitful and abundant lives for His glory.

Grace and peace to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment