Friday, February 5, 2010

Birthday musings

It's been a long time...some 30 years now.  As I think and reflect on the things that matter...priorities have changed, and the Lord has changed me, my heart.


My favorite song right now is "Hosanna" by Hillsong.  The bridge is written and performed beautiful, strikes a chord with my soul's cry:



Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the thing unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom’s cause
As I walk from earth into eternity.

I'd like to believe that getting older makes me wiser...but I'm realizing more and more each day, how foolish I can be, how easy I can fall back to old ways, have a critical and complaining spirit, and those daily failings remind how much more I'm in need of a Savior.

Jesus, "save us". Hosanna!

No matter how many more days I'm granted here on this earth, may I live them well, righteously, for His glory, that I truly appreciate and "love on" the friends and family God has blessed me with.  I do not deserve any of this grace and kindness.  I stand amazed, humbled, and rejoice...love much!

Grace and peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment